Re: PG-Politics] Council spends over 110k a year on vehicle allowances

D.C. Russell

Feb 14, 2017, 12:13:31 PM2/14/17
to PG-Po...@yahoogroups.com, pg-po...@googlegroups.com, PrinceGeorge...@yahoogroups.com, pgpub...@yahoogroups.com, Earl Adams
Unfortunately, Stan's "The Other Party" seems to have written Prince George's off and their leaders seem to get irritated with me every time I mention the issue. As long as we have one party government elected by voters who refuse to consider alternatives we will have increasing expensive and corrupt officials always looking for more money.

"Stan Fetter sfe...@icloud.com [PG-Politics]" <PG-Po...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Either way it’s an outrage.

If I understand Dernoga’s data correctly, they’re getting AT LEAST a $3000/year raise every year, on top of all the other perks.  Must be nice….

Meanwhile, they found it necessary to bust TRIM “to pay for schools.”

Bullcrap….between the self-entitlement they seem to feel they deserve, their lousy and expensive driving records and so forth I’m completely disgusted.

And now, thanks to an uneducated electorate and the election-buying tactics of Bill Chesley (who, IIRC,  bragged about putting $15k into the campaign for the new seats)  and others, we’ve given them all an option to fatten themselves for up to 8 more years at the public trough.

Mark my words…their day will come. It might take a while (it already has) but sooner or later the Other Party will wake up and see opportunity here just as they did in Annapolis the last time around.  A centrist candidate with a focus on fiscal responsibility, no ethical baggage & no right-wing crackpot social engineering goals could shake things up.

sbf

On Feb 14, 2017, at 10:03 AM, Joseph Kitchen joseph...@gmail.com [PG-Politics] <PG-Po...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

"Most council members have other jobs" - Not true at all. Actually not sure any of them have outside jobs.

Joseph Lynn Kitchen Jr.
"This is our moment"

On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 10:35 PM, Comcast robins...@comcast.net [PG-Politics] <PG-Po...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hear, hear, Marcy, well said. Most council members have other jobs, and there is absolutely no reason for taxpayers to pay for cars. Pay mileage.

This is not the end of the perks. When did politicians, honest men and women supposedly, begin to feel like taxpayers owe them. I thought they ran for office to help the citizens, to serve - something changes in everyone once they have power.

Marcy, I always respected you, because you didn't seem to lose your sense of why you served.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 13, 2017, at 10:12 AM, Marcy Canavan marcy....@gmail.com [PG-Politics] <PG-Po...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

The answer is simple.  Boe members who are paid a token salary submit written and signed mileage reimbursement requests for use of their own car.  Those  (at least when was there) have to show the destination of every trip.

There IS ZERO reason for the council to be furnished cars.  And as to what moco does - that is not here and the cost of living is less.  If council members don't like their salaries they are free to quit and get a job.  I doubt you will find many who made as much in their previous jobs as they do on the council.  I have never heard of anyone not running for the council due to the "low" pay.

Posted by: Stan Fetter <sfe...@icloud.com>

To subscribe, send an email to:
PG-Politic...@yahoogroups.com
To unsubscribe, send an email to: