Unable to start pfstools in Ubuntu

ram prabhakar

Oct 4, 2017, 1:47:48 AM10/4/17
to pfstools
Hi everyone,

I am new to pfstools. I have followed the procedure mentioned in README to install pfstools (version 2.0.6) in my Ubuntu 14.04 machine. The installation went smooth without any errors. The output of command

$ pkg-config --libs --cflags --print-errors pfs
-I/usr/local/include/pfs  -L/usr/local/lib -lpfs

But when I try to any of the pfs tools, i am getting following error:

$ pfsv *.hdr
The program 'pfsv' is currently not installed. To run 'pfsv' please ask your administrator to install the package 'pfsview'

Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong here.

Thanks in advance !!

Rafal

Oct 4, 2017, 3:57:19 AM10/4/17
to pfstools
pfstools will install by default in "/usr/local". It could be that /usr/local/bin is not included in the path. Check if you can find /usr/local/bin/pfsv

I would need to see the full log from cmake and make to be able to help.

The latest version (in git repo, not the .zip file) has a more streamlined installation on Ubuntu. Please check README.Ubuntu

Note that currently there is no deghosting method in pfstools.

Rafal

ram prabhakar

Oct 4, 2017, 7:37:31 AM10/4/17
to pfstools
Hi,

Thanks for your help.

I was able to successfully install from the latest git repo with one minor change in ubuntu-packages-dep file to make it work for Ubuntu 14.04. One of the dependency, libgsl-dev is not available for Ubuntu 14.04LTS. GSL for Ubuntu 14 is libgsl0-dev. After that change, installation went smooth.

I have a doubt in using pfsalign. I am using following command to align images,

pfsin *.jpg | pfsalign -v -r 2 -d| pfsview

I have 3 JPG images in my folder that i want to align. And finally, I want to save the resultant aligned images in a folder. Currently, I am saving the aligned images through "save image" option in Frame menu.
Problem is, I have 150 such sequences that i want to register. Is there any way to automatically save all three aligned images?

And also, pfsalign with -v option also displays the homography matrix estimated in command prompt. Is there a way to save that homography matrix in a file?

Thanks in advance !!!

Rafal

Oct 6, 2017, 6:29:04 AM10/6/17
to pfstools
Please post as a new topic if this is a new question.

On Wednesday, 4 October 2017 12:37:31 UTC+1, ram prabhakar wrote:

pfsin *.jpg | pfsalign -v -r 2 -d| pfsview

I have 3 JPG images in my folder that i want to align. And finally, I want to save the resultant aligned images in a folder. Currently, I am saving the aligned images through "save image" option in Frame menu.
Problem is, I have 150 such sequences that i want to register. Is there any way to automatically save all three aligned images?

 pfsin *.jpg | pfsalign -v -r 2 -d 2>pfsalign_stdout | pfsout image%03d.png

Please consult the manual pages and the documentation for your shell.

Rafal