Re: Reference to non-existent field 'channels'. Error in pfs_read_luminance (line 25) Y = pin.channels.Y;

Rafal Mantiuk

Jan 20, 2014, 11:37:27 AM1/20/14
to pfst...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Please run

pfs_test_shell

from matlab and post its output. Most probably pfsin is not found in
the shell path. Check if you can execute:

system( 'pfsin h1.hdr | pfsview' );

Rafal

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 10:09 AM, Mir <junai...@uettaxila.edu.pk> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have installed pfstools on ubuntu and am now trying to integrate it with
> MATLAB.
> I cannot just get through this error message when ever i try to read the
> image.
>
> image=pfs_read_luminance('h1.hdr');
> Reference to non-existent field 'channels'.
>
> Error in pfs_read_luminance (line 25)
> Y = pin.channels.Y;
>
> I have gone through the other post named "ubunto install" which highlighted
> the same problem and have done the same steps but still the error is there.
> Any help would be highly appreciated.
>
> Thank you

Mir

Feb 12, 2014, 8:56:10 AM2/12/14
to pfst...@googlegroups.com, man...@gmail.com
I got it working.
Thank you Rafal.

fatemeh yazdanbakhsh

May 28, 2015, 1:49:03 AM5/28/15
to pfst...@googlegroups.com, man...@gmail.com
Hi
I ran pfs_test_shell and it was ok but when I ran system( 'pfsin h1.hdr | pfsview' );
it showed this error

system( 'pfsin h1.hdr | pfsview' );
/bin/bash: pfsin: command not found
/bin/bash: pfsview: command not found
what shold I do whenever I ran
>> pfs_read_image('memorial.hdr');
I get this error.

Reference to non-existent field 'channels'.

Error in pfs_read_image (line 33)
  if( isfield( pin.channels, 'X' ) && isfield( pin.channels, 'Z' ) )

Regards

Rafal

May 28, 2015, 1:52:00 AM5/28/15
to pfst...@googlegroups.com, yazdanb...@gmail.com, man...@gmail.com
On Thursday, 28 May 2015 06:49:03 UTC+1, fatemeh yazdanbakhsh wrote:
Hi
I ran pfs_test_shell and it was ok but when I ran system( 'pfsin h1.hdr | pfsview' );
it showed this error
system( 'pfsin h1.hdr | pfsview' );
/bin/bash: pfsin: command not found
/bin/bash: pfsview: command not found
what shold I do whenever I ran

Before starting matlab (from terminal) you need to make sure that pfs* commands are in the system path. On Linux (assuming you use bash):

export PATH=<path-to-bin-folder-with-pfs-commands>:$PATH

Rafal

fatemeh yazdanbakhsh

May 28, 2015, 2:08:37 PM5/28/15
to pfst...@googlegroups.com, yazdanb...@gmail.com
thanks rafal
I did what you said and when I wrote in matlab
>> system( 'pfsin memorial.hdr | pfsview' );
pfsinrgbe error: Can not open file 'memorial.hdr'
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/QtCore.framework/Versions/4/QtCore
  Referenced from: /Users/Fatemeh/Documents/Matlab/pfstools-2.0.3/src/pfsview/pfsview
  Reason: Incompatible library version: pfsview requires version 4.8.0 or later, but QtCore provides version 4.7.0
/bin/bash: line 1:  5490 Done                    pfsin memorial.hdr
      5491 Trace/BPT trap: 5       | pfsview
pfsin memorial.hdr | pfsview: Trace/breakpoint trap

furthermore, when I want to read memorial.hdr ,it shows previous errors

>> pfs_read_image('office.hdr')

Reference to non-existent field 'channels'.

Error in pfs_read_image (line 33)
  if( isfield( pin.channels, 'X' ) && isfield( pin.channels, 'Z' ) )

Regards

fatemeh yazdanbakhsh

Jun 3, 2015, 4:52:55 PM6/3/15
to pfst...@googlegroups.com, yazdanb...@gmail.com
Hi Rafal
when I have started matlab from terminal and then in matlab i ran
img=pfs_read_image('memorial.hdr');

Reference to non-existent field 'channels'.

Error in pfs_read_image (line 33)
  if( isfield( pin.channels, 'X' ) && isfield( pin.channels, 'Z' ) )
 I test this function with .exr and .tif images and matlab's out put was the same , and in terminal I got these errors
/usr/local/bin/pfsin: line 107: pfsinexr: command not found
tif files unsupported. Compile pfstools with ImageMagick or libtiff.

pfsinrgbe error: Can not open file 'memorial.hdr'
furthermore when I saw the content of /usr/local/bin I could not find these functions:
pfsinexr
pfsinppm
pfsout exr
pfsoutrgb
pfsv
pfsview
pfsoctavergb
pfsoctavelum
I don't know what is the problem, perhaps compiling has error because when I run cmake ../
it can not find openmp flag, but after I ran make it can build the files. I don't know what is my problem please help me.

Regards