Regression Tests

Jens Eckel

Dec 14, 2023, 5:53:04 AM12/14/23
to pflotran-dev
Dear all,

before a pull request for my changes to the code to include anisotropic tortuosities, I tried to run the regression tests (code compiled with -O0, OS Ubuntu 22.04 LTS). Even for the master branch without my modifications, not all of the tests pass (pflotran-tests_petsc_new_O3_master_without_aniso.testlog). For the case including my modifications, the same errors occur (pflotrantests_petsc_new_O3_master_with_aniso.testlog), so these modifications are not the reason for the test failures observed.

Thanks in advance
Jens
pflotran-tests_petsc_new_O3_master_with_aniso.testlog
pflotran-tests_petsc_new_O3_master_without_aniso.testlog

Hammond, Glenn E

Dec 14, 2023, 7:14:28 PM12/14/23
to pflotr...@googlegroups.com

Jens,

Please push the changes to your fork and submit a pull request. I will then create a branch for your changes in the main repository, and we can see which test fail in the cloud and work from there…much easier.

Regards,

Glenn

Dec 15, 2023, 9:02:28 AM12/15/23
to pflotran-dev
Hi Glenn,

a pull request has been created, I will push my regression tests if the problems are solved.
I noticed that my own test cases crash with the changes from the master branch (version used before from end of September). If I include the OBSERVATION_FILE Block in the attachment, the code crashes. The same occurs e.g. for the regression test calcite-kinetics.in: If the OUTPUT block is commented out, there is no crash.

Best, Jens
x_tort_iso_1.in

Hammond, Glenn E

Dec 15, 2023, 10:54:26 AM12/15/23
to pflotr...@googlegroups.com

Jens,

Do you expect the tortuosity to change over time (e.g., will it be calculated as a function of other state variables that change over time)?

field%tort_xx, etc. are only necessary if we need to store the initial value of the parameter. The storage of the initial permeability (field%perm0_xx) and porosity (field%porosity0) is necessary for other constitutive relations in the code where both can change over time (e.g., https://documentation.pflotran.org/theory_guide/mode_reactive_transport.html#changes-in-material-properties).

Thanks,

Glenn

Jens Eckel

Dec 15, 2023, 11:02:59 AM12/15/23
to pflotran-dev
Hi Glenn,

at the moment tortuosity is not expected to change over time, but maybe eq. 32 can also be applied for the anisotropic case.
I tried to follow the implementation of the anisotropic permeabilities and keep the implementation as general as possible to have all possibilities in the future.

Best, Jens