Saturday, March 11, 1-3:30
Waking Up the Garden: Bed Preparation, Planting, Plant Protection
- What to plant in early spring
- Protecting seedlings from pests and cold
- Best practices for planting
- Trellises and other structures from reclaimed materials
- Early spring garden treats
Soil care and preparation, tailored to our climate.
• Tools and tool care
• Garden ergonomics to save your body
Know your soil: Bring a handful of your soil for expert analysis!
Location: Cully neighborhood, NE Portland
Suggested donation: $45, no one turned away for lack of funds
Free compost to all participants. Large amounts available for learning gardens and mutual aid projects.