Class 4/27: Weeding tips & Plant ID

Rachel Freifelder

Apr 23, 2024, 2:57:53 PMApr 23
to pfgen

Happy Earth Week!  Our neighborhood school’s Earth Day celebration was so sweet, seeing old friends and meeting new ones, sharing garden tips and plants and seeds.    So we added a bonus class this week, to welcome new friends.

Spring has sprung!  Seeds sprouted, buds burst, weeds are booming.  Our overwintered greens are rocking!  So come learn by doing:  tell your plants from the weeds,  weeding tools and techniques.  And yes, some “weeds” are also edible and medicinal.

Bring a bag and take home some of our greens.

And if you got a wild strawberry plant on Earth Day, you’ll want to take a look at our established wild strawberry patch.

Saturday, April 27, 2 pm to 4:30 pm

At Blueberry Learning Garden in the Cully neighborhood, address sent when you RSVP.

Suggested donation $10-45, no one turned away.

All funds raised will be donated to Hebron International Resource Network for food aid in the West Bank and Gaza.

Donate by PayPal at handmadeg...@gmail.com, or bring payment to class.

--
Rachel Freifelder
Handmade Gardens - Edible and Native Organic Land Care/Food Education