Free soil, bamboo poles, and compost!

Rachel Freifelder

Mar 4, 2023, 5:41:03 PM3/4/23
to pfgen

Organic garden soil, sandy loam/glacial till with a good amount of organic matter.  Our garden has been organic for 17 years, and probably forever (previous owners had a minimally maintained lawn).  If you have clay it will lighten things up.  If you need potting soil you’d want to mix it with compost and sand and maybe some coir.

Current piles are in a driveway behind a parked car, so you’ll need to coordinate with us to move the car out of the way if you want to shovel directly into your vehicle.

We have been reshaping our beds and paths, and generating some extra soil for you!

We also have two kinds of compost:

1. Compost 1 is well-rotted yard debris, therefore vegan and a nice soil lightener but not a great source of nitrogen; you’ll need to supplement.

2. Compost 2 is a more valuable product, a mixture of well-rotted yard debris, kitchen scraps and animal manures.

Current piles are in a driveway behind a parked car, so you’ll need to coordinate with us to move the car out of the way if you want to shovel directly into your vehicle.

Bamboo includes long lengths and diameter up to 2”.

In the Cully neighborhood, NE Portland.

--

Rachel Freifelder
Handmade Gardens - Edible and Native Organic Land Care/Food Education