Free plants for school gardens: Tues 5/30, Wed 5/31- more details in email

Amoreena Guerrero

May 26, 2023, 4:23:32 PM5/26/23
to pf...@googlegroups.com
Hello Portland Farm and Garden Educator Network subscribers!

Would you like some free plants for your school's garden?

Here at Growing Gardens office, we literally have 1000's of plants available (see attached photo below) for Portland Area school gardens (by appointment) on Tuesday 5/30 between 9:30am-2pm OR Wednesday 5/31 between 10am and 3pm at our office. These are extra plants after our Home Gardens program plant distribution to participating community members.
All you need to do is let me know when you can make it, and bring boxes or trays to take plants with you. Feel free to send me an email over the holiday weekend. I'll be ready for you on Tuesday morning! I have some meetings both days, but will be here in the office to welcome you to our back yard area.

You are welcome to take them for free so long as they are going to a school or community garden where they will benefit youth and their families!  In exchange when you arrive, I will ask you to complete a short survey about what sorts of support services our organization could provide that would most benefit you and the school garden in your life! We are looking to ramp up these services in the coming 2 years and value your input and perspective. Then before you leave, I'll ask you to write down how many of what plants you took.

Current plant selections include: Roma tomatoes, tomatillos, popcorn plants, summer squash, winter squash, melons, kale, other brassicas, lettuce, and loads of chili peppers (sweet and spicy), onions and more!

I hope to see you next week at our office

Amoreena Guerrero
Youth Grow Program Director
Regional Education Hub Lead for Technical Assistance for School Gardens

--

Amoreena Guerrero

she/her

Youth Grow Director

Growing Gardens    *    3114 SE 50th Ave, Portland, OR 97230   *  www.growing-gardens.org

Growing Gardens

Plant Distribution for School Gardens.jpg