APPLY NOW! Oregon & Washington Farm To ECE Institute Application is LIVE!

Angela Hedstrom

Apr 24, 2024, 2:36:48 PMApr 24
to pfgen

Dear Portland Farm to Garden Educators ❤️

We are excited to extend a new offering to you and your early childhood friends! The Farm to Early Care & Education (ECE) Institute in Oregon and Washington is the first of its kind in the Pacific Northwest. We invite family child care and center-based programs to build a team and apply.

About the Farm to ECE Institute: Grow farm to ECE in your community with the support of an entire network

The Farm to ECE Institute model is a year-long professional learning experience (approximately August 2024-June 2025) that brings program-based teams together to build relationships, skills, and a collaborative action plan to further their farm to ECE goals. You’ll create your own team with a variety of expertise from your program and community. Your team members may include classroom educators, administrators, nutrition services staff, and family and community partners. With the support of a coach, teams spend the school year putting their plans into action and strengthening their capacity to integrate lasting impacts across classrooms, cafeterias, and communities.

Read more about this wonderful opportunity and how to apply on the Institute Webpage. We encourage applicants to read through the FAQ page on the Institute webpage for more information about the program, key dates, Institute model, and in-person retreat details.

Applications for the 2024–25 Oregon and Washington Farm to ECE Institute are open!

Applications are due Friday, May 24, 2024. Notifications of team selections will be made by June 5, 2024.

Join us for an info session where we will go over the basics of the Institute, application process, and take questions. A recording will be shared with all registered participants. The same information will be shared in each info session.

Thursday, May 2, 2024 6-7pm

Register here

Thursday, May 9, 2024 10-11am

Register here

Additional questions? Please reach out to inst...@ecotrust.org

Thank you for sharing this with your networks.

Angela

Angela McGregor Hedstrom  |  Senior Manager, Community Food Systems  |  Ecotrust

1140 SE 7th Ave, Suite 150 | Portland, OR 97214

T: (503) 467.0790 | Pronouns: she/her/hers

Office hours: M-Th

Ecotrust creates and accelerates triple-bottom-line innovations to benefit our region and inspire the world.

Visit us at ecotrust.org