Zenger Farm Hiring Multiple Positions

Rob Cato

Feb 22, 2023, 4:30:47 PM2/22/23
to Portland Farm & Garden Educators Network

Hello!

Zenger Farm is currently hiring for a Program Director and Winter Farm Program Coordinator. We’d love help getting the word out! More info below:

Program Director: This position serves as an integral part of Zenger Farm’s leadership team and is responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating Zenger Farm programs and associated partnerships. The ideal candidate is a seasoned Program Director that can direct all aspects of Zenger Farm program strategies to support participatory, community-led program development and delivery. This role specifically supports our education (Farm School, Field Trips, Farm Camps, Open Farm Days), farming (CSA, Beginning Farmer Apprenticeship), and community kitchen (Community Chefs, commissary kitchen) programs. As a key representative of our work, they will increase our visibility and participation in food justice movements to strengthen Zenger Farm’s connectedness and capacity.  More info and apply here

Winter Farm Coordinator: The Farm Program Coordinator is an integral part of the farm operations team responsible for farming in a no-till method to produce for a winter CSA as well as supporting small-scale production farming at our main site. They will also coordinate the delivery of the small business development classes for the apprentices through the IDA grant program. This position will work primarily independently supervised by the Farm Program Manager. They will lead volunteer work parties and occasionally lead the apprenticeship crew. More info and apply here

Thank you!

Rob Cato (he/him)

Co-Executive Director

503-282-4245 ext. 105

Website | Facebook | Instagram | Donate

Schedule a meeting! calendly.com/robcatofzf

Zenger Farm is making a commitment to staff and organizational wellness by switching to a 4-day work week in 2023. My schedule is Tuesday through Friday and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Zenger Farm currently sits on the territory of the original peoples of this land - the Clackamas band of Chinook, the Multnomahs, the Tualatin Kalapuya, the Wasco-Wishram, the Willamette Tumwater, and many other tribes who have lived and traveled along these two Rivers. This area was originally populated by many Indigenous people, who lived and thrived in profound, complex, and interdependent relationship with the land and the other beings here - long before white colonial settlement. The Indigenous people are still here, and are still connected to this land.