Ideas for next release

Decebal Suiu

Jun 14, 2017, 7:53:41 AM6/14/17
to pf4j
Hi,

Always I say that my projects are community driven projects, so I wish to know if you have some ideas for the next release(s).
My ideas are:
1. see if I can use PF4J together with Java 9 Modules
3. plugin lazy loading (load a plugin - classes, jars); now all plugins are loaded on start application (the idea is to load a plugin only if I use extensions from that plugin)
4. load plugins in parallel (if a plugin is not a dependency for another plugin)

Points 3 and 4 are valuable for medium or big applications with many plugins and I don't know if they are such applications.

If you have any idea about a new feature or how we can improve an existing one, please don't hesitate to write a comment.

Decebal Suiu

Jun 29, 2017, 4:01:09 PM6/29/17
to pf4j
The point 2 is done and I started to work on point 1 (see https://github.com/decebals/pf4j/issues/151).