Java9 Maven Issue

kvnd...@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2018, 7:52:20 PM2/1/18
to pf4j
Hello,

first I want to thank you for this lightweight and very usable piece of software!

Today I have run into a problem that I couldn't resolve even after hours spent searching the web for solutions.
Basically, compiling with maven under java9 breaks projects using the pf4j dependency.

I have boiled this down into a minimal example and would be eternally thankful if you could have a look at it.

https://github.com/kvndrsslr/pf4j-java9-maven-issue-demo

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Decebal Suiu

Feb 2, 2018, 8:05:16 AM2/2/18
to pf4j
I will take a look to your project.
It's interesting how you and other people see the marriage between PF4J and JPMS (the modularity part of Java 9), with what nice contributions comes everyone?
What are your expectations (PF4J and Java 9)?

My thoughts related to this subject:

Kevin Dreßler

Feb 2, 2018, 8:38:00 AM2/2/18
to Decebal Suiu, pf4j
Thanks for having a look, but I think you have misunderstood me.
I don't want to use java 9 JPMS at all.
 I just want to compile java8 code with in a java9 sdk and it gives me compilation error when done using maven and my project is just a so you can reproduce the bug i am reporting.
As java9 is the default installation on a growing number of systems, i think there should be a solution to this so we can continue using pf4j in our projects.

Decebal Suiu

Feb 2, 2018, 10:41:17 AM2/2/18
to pf4j
I understood what you say. You have already a project that uses PF4J, probably on Java 8, and you want to run the same project on Java 9.

Decebal Suiu

Feb 2, 2018, 5:24:08 PM2/2/18
to pf4j
Resolved. See https://github.com/decebals/pf4j/issues/200.
You can use PF4J 2.2.0-SNAPSHOT in your project.

Kevin Dreßler

Feb 2, 2018, 5:49:43 PM2/2/18
to pf4j
Thank you for your effort indeed!