pf4j-update 2.0.0 compatible with what version of pf4j?

tos...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2019, 8:41:37 AM7/1/19
to pf4j
Assuming that the last version of pf4j-update is 2.0.0, what version of pf4j is compatible? I tried the 3.0.x but they do not read update correctly according to the example provided.
getLastPluginRelease() is not found in latest version.

Is pf4j-update not n use anymore?

Decebal Suiu

Jul 1, 2019, 1:28:22 PM7/1/19
to pf4j
Hi

pf4j-update 2.0.0 uses pf4j 2.2.0 (see pom.xml - https://github.com/pf4j/pf4j-update/blob/master/pom.xml#L45)

I tried the 3.0.x but they do not read update correctly according to the example provided.
getLastPluginRelease() is not found in latest version.

Is pf4j-update not n use anymore?

pf4j-update will be upgraded to use the latest version of pf4j
Message has been deleted

Sonali Amonkar

Jul 2, 2019, 1:59:13 AM7/2/19
to pf4j
Thank you for the prompt response! Am desperately trying to implement this feature and see how it works in my code.

Just another question,
I am following the mechanism demonstrated in https://github.com/pf4j/pf4j-update but I believe the api updateManager.getLastPluginRelease(plugin.id) is no longer present anymore. Maybe upgraded? Will the demonstration documentation be updated as well? Is there a workaround for now?

Thanks,
Sonali

Decebal Suiu

Jul 2, 2019, 2:39:32 AM7/2/19
to pf4j
Hi

On Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 8:59:13 AM UTC+3, Sonali Amonkar wrote:
Thank you for the prompt response! Am desperately trying to implement this feature and see how it works in my code.

Just another question,
I am following the mechanism demonstrated in https://github.com/pf4j/pf4j-update but I believe the api updateManager.getLastPluginRelease(plugin.id) is no longer present anymore.

I don't understand very clear where is the problem. The method `getLastPluginRelease` exists in `UpdateManager` (https://github.com/pf4j/pf4j-update/blob/master/src/main/java/org/pf4j/update/UpdateManager.java#L384).
You can run the code presented in documentation via UpdateTest (https://github.com/pf4j/pf4j-update/blob/master/src/test/java/org/pf4j/update/UpdateTest.java).

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Sonali Amonkar

Jul 2, 2019, 5:15:10 AM7/2/19
to pf4j
Sorry for the confusion butt the jar that my Maven fetched does not show that method. The version I asked Maven is 2.0.0
<dependency>
<groupId>org.pf4j</groupId>
<artifactId>pf4j-update</artifactId>
<version>2.0.0</version>
</dependency>
Maybe I have a wrong verion of jar?
UpdateManager.java

Decebal Suiu

Jul 2, 2019, 6:59:05 AM7/2/19
to pf4j
You are right. The 2.0.0 version doesn't contain the commit/modification with `getLastPluginRelease`.
I released a new version 2.1.0 that will be available soon on Maven Central repository.
Please test it (with PF4J 3.0.x first). Please add a comment with the result of your test.
Message has been deleted

Sonali Amonkar

Jul 3, 2019, 1:38:48 AM7/3/19
to pf4j
I tried with pf4j 3.0.1. The PluginException class is obsoleted in 3.0.1. Was present in pf4j 2.0.0. It is indirectly referenced by UpdateManager hence cannot use 3.0.1.

-Sonali
Message has been deleted

Decebal Suiu

Jul 3, 2019, 4:23:04 AM7/3/19
to pf4j
I updated pf4j-update to use pf4j 3.0.1.
I published the SNAPSHOT version (2.2.0-SNAPSHOT) of pf4j-update. Please try the SNAPSHOT version. If everything is OK I will release a new version.
For how to add the SNAPSHOT repo to your project see https://pf4j.org/dev/maven.html.

Sonali Amonkar

Jul 3, 2019, 4:56:31 AM7/3/19
to pf4j
Looks good. Works now with pf4j 3.0.1. I have another query related to why the plugin is not getting picked when added but I will start another thread for this. For now with this snapshot release, pf4j-update 2.2.0 snapshot works with pf4j 3.0.1.

Thank you very much!

Sonali Amonkar

Jul 3, 2019, 6:29:21 AM7/3/19
to pf4j
Please note, I believe the test would also need to be updated for the use of PluginException.

Decebal Suiu

Jul 3, 2019, 12:01:39 PM7/3/19
to pf4j
What test? Give me a link or additional information.
Message has been deleted

Sonali Amonkar

Jul 4, 2019, 4:35:00 AM7/4/19
to pf4j
I tried running the test classes from the code here -> https://github.com/pf4j/pf4j-update/tree/master/src/test

FileDownloadTest.java still uses PluginException and could use an update as well.