REUNITED: Lost Dog (Picco)

Heather Schneider

Aug 6, 2021, 8:24:14 AM8/6/21
to 'c wald' via 16th Street Neighborhood Association, petw...@groups.io, upshur-dog-...@googlegroups.com, upshur...@googlegroups.com, petwor...@googlegroups.com
This pup was found by a neighbor this morning and is home with its family.

On Aug 5, 2021, at 1:50 PM, Heather <hea...@writebrained.com> wrote:

An update from the owner on this still lost 4 month old puppy:

Please call / text any sightings to the owner 202 549-5167 (Mobile) as well as Humane Rescue Alliance (202-576-6664) if you don’t get in touch with the owner right away.

Young Picco is still missing.

First, thank you so much to all of the neighbors who helped with last night's search around Crestwood and 16th Street Heights.

I've reported him missing to the Humane Rescue Alliance and Petkey (the microchip guys), and I've posted information here and on Nextdoor.com

The nice people at the Humane Rescue Alliance suggested that he is most likely holed up in someone's garage or back yard, and if your burglar cams show a distinguished looking gentleman poking around yours, it's not a burglar but my next door neighbor. With some luck, you might see a cute puppy. But still, we haven't even had any sightings, and because his retractable leash was still attached to his halter, I'm concerned that he is stuck someplace.  And if he is still running around, I have zero confidence in his ability to find his way home.

Please keep an eye out for him. He's shy with humans and very dog friendly, and also really, really fast. If you see him, please give me a holler!

And thanks again!

Pat

Patricia Kennedy
202 549-5167 (Mobile)

<image001.png>

From: Heather <hea...@writebrained.com>
Date: Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 6:13 PM
Subject: FW: [CrestwoodWDC] Lost Dog

Forwarding to spread the word. I am not the owner

Regards,

Heather

From: PATRICIA KENNEDY via crestwoodwdc <crestw...@lists.crestwood-dc.org>
Date: Wednesday, August 4, 2021 at 5:45 PM
To: "'crestw...@lists.crestwood-dc.org' listserve" <crestw...@lists.crestwood-dc.org>
Subject: [CrestwoodWDC] Lost Dog

My 4-month old puppy got away from me on our walk and was last seen flying down the 1600 block of Webster, then making a left at the alley.  He is wearing his dragging a lead behind him.

His name is Picco (sounds like Peko).  He very shy around people, but he's pretty friendly with other dogs.

If you see him, could you please give me a call at 202-549-5167? Thank you so much.

Pat Kennedy - 202-549-5167

<image002.jpg>