UK publication news

Catherine Sanderson

Feb 27, 2008, 10:32:52 AM2/27/08
to petite-angla...@googlegroups.com
petite in the shops!

As many of you will know, although the official publication date for "petite" was 6 March, and many online shops listed availability as 28 February, the book is now available in most UK bookshops.

Amazon have it as a deal of the week this week, so it is listed at only £ 5.85.  Definitely worth snapping up as it won't be at that price for long.  The book is currently hovering just outside the top 100 and the top 10 in biographies.

I'm writing a few blog posts for Amazon over the coming weeks and you can access these from the book page.

If you've read petite already and have an amazon account, you might want to consider leaving a review there.

petite in the media

Next week is going to be horrendously busy as I embark on a four day press/radio/tv tour.

Things to watch out for include:

Sunday 2 March

Article about Belleville written by me for Observer Travel, with associated podcast on Guardian Unlimited
Serialisation and interview in You Magazine (Sunday Mail women's mag)

Monday 3 March

Woman's Hour - 10-11am
Interview BBC Radio Leeds 3.30pm
Interview on BBC TV - Look North 6.30pm

Tuesday 4 March

BBC Radio York, interview 10.10am
Signing at York Library, Marriott Room

Wednesday 5 March

Article in Daily Telegraph
Live interview on BBC Breakfast (8.00-9.00am)
Lots of mini interviews for local BBC radio stations
Interview Radio Five Live 10.30am
Interview on Channel Five news with Natasha Kaplinksy 6pm

I'm tired just typing this!

I'll be regularly updating my press page and will also add link to where you can listen to the radio programmes once they have aired.

Anyone who is able to record the TV appearances and post the extracts to YouTube would be doing me an enormous favour.  Let me know if you have the technology!

Signings

The York signing on Tuesday 4 March is a ticketed event and if you wish to attend, you need to contact the Little Apple bookshop for a ticket.

The Paris signing at WHSmiths on 20 March is not ticketed, but in order to give the bookshop an idea of numbers, it would be wise to sign up here.

In both instances I'll do a short intro, a reading and answer any questions before signing and uncorking a few bottles of wine.

That's all for now folks!

Catherine/petite