The feature “Sync SQL” that enables users to publish SQL statements on the web admin console, does not download the SQL statements on local DB during synchronization

Andre Bruijn

Jul 26, 2012, 11:22:06 AM7/26/12
to perv...@googlegroups.com
In the users manual one reads: To assist users in managing these generic DB objects, Pervasync implemented a feature called “Sync SQL” that enables users to publish SQL statements on the web admin console. The SQL statements will be downloaded and executed on local DB during synchronization.

During synchronization I get the error: PVC-1001 ...... PROCEDURE lemconversedaccessclient1.CreateForeignKeys does not exist.

If I try to locate corresponding PROCEDURES at my client database, then I see that they are not present.

I watched already the pervasync_client_config for some or any parameter regarding this issue, but I cannot find anything about this.

Can you help me?

perv...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2012, 4:14:38 PM7/26/12
to perv...@googlegroups.com
I suppose you published a SQL statement to create the procedure. If the procedure is not created on local db, check the log file under <pervasync client home>/logs/ to find out if there was an exception executing the statement. By default the sync SQL exception will not fail the sync session. However you can change the behavior on the admin console. Run the SQL scripts manually to verify the syntax.

Andre Bruijn

Jul 30, 2012, 7:08:06 AM7/30/12
to perv...@googlegroups.com
Aha, I got it; The log gives a lot of information, but I had to look furtheron;  In the admin tool I had an error in the SQL Text of my Sync SQL; I wrote DROP IF EXISTS PROCEDURE `XXX`; that's wrong; it should be DROP PROCEDURE IF EXISTS `XXX`,  and at the end you should have a `;` in stead of a `//` like did.

By the way: YourDBName should one read as the name of the local db to where you are synchronizing.