what do the different colors denote when perspectives contact notary webservers to check a certificate validation.

shirish शिरीष

Feb 14, 2017, 8:50:53 AM2/14/17
to perspectives
Hi all,

Please CC me as I'm not subscribed to the list.

I read the FAQ and saw this -

Q: I get a red icon and a message that perspectives failed every time
the extension contacts notaries. What is going on??

A: The most likely cause is that you are accessing the Internet
through a proxy or firewall that is preventing Perspectives from
reaching the notaries. Currently, we query notaries over HTTP using
either port 80 or port 8080.

I see the red icon but it doesn't fail and contacts all notaries.

I see two messages which seem contrarian to each other.

1. First is from the browser saying it trusts the site - for e.g.
mail.google.com

The other by perspectives saying it has not seen this certificate consistently.

And then colors such as yellow, pink, brown etc, all of which I have
shared in the two attachments above.

Could somebody share what the colors denote - the FAQ doesn't tell
anything about them.

--
Regards,
Shirish Agarwal शिरीष अग्रवाल