EC-Certificates

Andreas Tauscher

Jun 4, 2016, 8:01:54 AM6/4/16
to perspectives-dev
Hi All!

Interesting project!
Found it yesterday, installed the browser plugin and 4 notaries.

It seems the scanner is failing if a site is using EC-Certificates. I use them on several sites where mainly embedded devices connecting to.
In the log file I see then:
Code 40 - Handshake Failure'. Will re-run with non-SNI scan.
and the wrong fingerprint ends in the notary.

Andreas

Dave Schaefer

Jun 6, 2016, 12:02:35 AM6/6/16
to perspect...@googlegroups.com
Hey Andreas, thanks for the bug report. Yes, the scanner needs a heavy overhaul. This is on the Roadmap -

I'm just returning to the project after a year and a half away, and I definitely want to fix this. It will likely be a month or two, though, to fix a few other issues first. Please stand by :)