Request for Person Finder app for Louisiana August 2016 Flooding.

rc1...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2016, 4:28:22 PM8/14/16
to personfinder
Hi Folks,

There's a lot of traffic at FB over searches and needs for rescues. With all the displacement occurring all over the state (into shelters, out to wherever), please consider activating the function.

One group alone has >13,000 members (LA Flood Rescue) and the Governor's Office has already added a call center.

Additionally, its a much older crowd in need of services so the online searches would be better than relying on PDAs, as those in facilities can help organize the postings and searches.

Cheers.

Ramil C

Aug 14, 2016, 4:50:45 PM8/14/16
to personfinder
Thanks, but this is the Yolanda Link.

We're pretty much looking at a live Katrina Rescue sequel with all the official and random efforts at appeals and rescues being made.

Facebook won't be as effective with personal devices losing power and Red Cross' Safe & Well system is paper driven and will take days or weeks.

So I thought I'd ask you folks.

I'll share the Louisiana link with Emergency Managers' groups and the above group (now at 14,400) if you are able to set-up.

--
[Cylone Yolanda] If you are looking for an individual or wanting to update their status or report them as OK or missing, please use the Google Person Finder search interface

https://google.org/personfinder/2013-yolanda

Our thoughts are with you and your families,

Google Crisis Response Team
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "personfinder" group.