PW cannot handle very large rules, any workaround?

Tim Sweet

Jan 8, 2011, 12:40:02 AM1/8/11
to PersonalizedWeb
Right now I have a rule with a little under 1,750,000 characters or
5,000 lines (It is a very specific JavaScript function that accesses a
database that has a web interface and edits fields based on the
information in the database) but I cannot add any more to it: when I
click "save" nothing happens. I suspect that this is because PW cannot
handle this much code: any suggestions on how to work around this? I
need to approximately double the size of the script as it stands now
(I have already done everything I can to shorten it, the problem is
that I just have too much data to process. A little over 4,000
decisions have to be made each time the rule runs). Is does this
problem exist in the way PW handles the rules or how much space is
allotted to it by Chrome?

Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated.

aaafwd

Jan 18, 2011, 4:11:36 AM1/18/11
to persona...@googlegroups.com
Yes, there is a limit on the local storage usage forced by the Chrome browser for each extension (unless a special permission on unlimited space is requested by the extension).

If you can serve your JS externally (or on a local HTTP server), you can try to embed HTML code: <script src="http://localhost/..."></script>