JavaScript: window.open in new tab, not window

links

Jan 16, 2011, 10:29:30 AM1/16/11
to PersonalizedWeb
Hi. On a site, I use PW to add some custom JavaScript to the page
which I would like to:

1) Find some links on the page
2) Move those links to the top of the page (for convenience).
3) Open each of those links in a new TAB (not window).
4) Refocus on the original page.

I've got 1, 2 and 4 working. I use jQuery. I can't get 3 to work
because it always opens the link in a new tab when I use
window.open(url, '');

Is there something I can do so that the links open in a new tab and
not a window?

Thanks.

aaafwd

Jan 18, 2011, 4:15:01 AM1/18/11
to persona...@googlegroups.com
Maybe  <a href="..." target="_blank">link</a> ?

links

Jan 18, 2011, 10:45:34 AM1/18/11
to PersonalizedWeb
That doesn't work. I guess the problem is that I can't use JavaScript
to, essentially, automatically click links for me. I'm going to see
what I can do with the iMacros extension.