Question about storing large amounts of data per second

Xiaomu Wing

Apr 6, 2021, 8:52:04 AM4/6/21
to Kdb+ Personal Developers
There are 1024 real-time data per second, how to save al these 1024 floats into a partition table per second? The insert string is out of length......

Thanks ALL!

TerryLynch

Apr 6, 2021, 11:58:28 AM4/6/21
to Kdb+ Personal Developers
Not quite sure I understand the problem: are you saying that you have 1024 live/realtime messages per second and you want to write them every second to a partitioned table on disk? Or that you want to insert them into an in-memory table?

Can you give examples of what the records looks like?

András Dőtsch

Apr 6, 2021, 12:25:29 PM4/6/21
to personal...@googlegroups.com
You have quite a few options to connect to kdb.

Andras

On Tue, Apr 6, 2021 at 2:52 PM Xiaomu Wing <xiaom...@gmail.com> wrote:
There are 1024 real-time data per second, how to save al these 1024 floats into a partition table per second? The insert string is out of length......

Thanks ALL!

Xiaomu Wing

Apr 11, 2021, 2:45:16 PM4/11/21
to Kdb+ Personal Developers
not into in-mem table but a partitioned table, because of the real-time data is sensitive and have to flush them to disk immediately.
Thank u for response!

Xiaomu Wing

Apr 11, 2021, 2:45:22 PM4/11/21
to Kdb+ Personal Developers
Thank u for response , I'm not quite sure but you mean send parameters by bytes stream ? or what.....

András Dőtsch

Apr 11, 2021, 5:55:28 PM4/11/21
to personal...@googlegroups.com
I mean sending data through the q ipc protocol, yes.
I guess you used http get and you run into some limit of the url size? You can also split up the message btw, but I recommend using the ipc protocol.

András