Question about linux-arm version for Raspberry Pi

Chang Yann

Mar 21, 2021, 12:37:20 PM3/21/21
to Kdb+ Personal Developers
Hi every, just found this great place.

I recently got a rasp pi with 8GB memory. I heard about KDB is extremely fast, and I hope to do some web crawling stuff with the rasp PI. I have two questions:

1. should I run linux arm version for 32 bit? I tried that and shows "no such file or directory" when using ~/q/l32arm/q.
2. Can I run l64 version? I tried that, too, with message of "cannot execute binary file: Exec format error". It should be problem with 64 and 32 bit. As I have 8GB memory, I would want to use 64 bit for sure. Is that even possible?

many thanks for your kindly response and any information is welcome.

rocuin...@gmail.com

Mar 23, 2021, 3:39:28 PM3/23/21
to Kdb+ Personal Developers

1. It is best to rename 'mv ~/q/l32arm ~/q/l32' . Also ensure you have ran 'export QHOME=~/q'   https://code.kx.com/q/learn/install/#step-5-edit-your-profile
2. No, l64 is for X86 (Intel/AMD) processors only. Currently there is only a 32bit ARM release.

Message has been deleted

Chang Yann

Mar 24, 2021, 10:40:14 PM3/24/21
to Kdb+ Personal Developers
Hi,

Thanks very much for your reply.

I have tried your solution by renaming and profile change. But it still doesn't work with the same error message.

A simple question, I'm running on a ubuntu 64 server, for a l32arm version, will it be the cause of fail? is it even configurable to have i386 installed on arm version ubuntu?

Thanks for your response again.