BigData collection via Purls

Chrisat Syntagm

Oct 20, 2014, 9:46:18 AM10/20/14
to persist...@googlegroups.com
I am more than happy to spend the time required to read and gain profiency. However, I just need to check whether the solution I am looking for is possible or do-able in principle.
Imagine a large number of boxes each with a unique purl. When invoked (via a qr code or nfc chip) the purl facilitates the input of data e.g. the contents in the box. Can the data across boxes be aggregated e.g. a common database reasonably easily?

David Wood

Oct 20, 2014, 7:01:30 PM10/20/14
to PURLs Google Group
Hi Chrisat,

The PURLZ software (http://purlz.org) cannot readily do what you are asking. However, you could implement such a solution using the PURLs implementation in Callimachus (http://callimachusproject.org).

Please move this discussion to the Callimachus mailing list if you would like some guidance on setting that up. Thanks.