problems with installation Purlz on Ubuntu

Ana Maria Gonzalez Bustan

May 20, 2014, 8:14:24 PM5/20/14
to persist...@googlegroups.com
I have problems with respect to 8080, in addition to go to localhost dir: 8080/docs/index.html not find that file .. please help

David Wood

May 21, 2014, 7:22:16 AM5/21/14
to PURLs Google Group
Hi Ana Maria,

The number 8080 is the port the service is running on.  The PURL service uses that port by default in order to avoid conflicts with any Web service on your machine that is using the default port for Web services, which is port 80.

If the PURL server cannot bind to port 8080, it might be because you already have another service using that port.  Tomcat or Jetty use port 8080 by default and are common causes of port conflicts.  In that case, you will see the failure to bind to the port in your log files.  Please change the port number in your PURL configuration to one that is not being used.
On May 20, 2014, at 20:14, Ana Maria Gonzalez Bustan <flac...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have problems with respect to 8080, in addition to go to localhost dir: 8080/docs/index.html not find that file .. please help

Ana Maria Gonzalez Bustan

May 21, 2014, 12:49:22 PM5/21/14
to persist...@googlegroups.com
I have reviewed this free port and I would like to know which folder is recommended to install the Purlz Server, I've also noticed that the folder is then created in the installation docs folder does not exist. I'm really confused

David Wood

May 21, 2014, 1:01:58 PM5/21/14
to PURLs Google Group
Hi Ana Maria,

Are you following the instructions in the README.txt file?  An online version is available here:

The installation directory is your choice.  The PURLz software doesn’t care.

What is confusing you?

Also, it would help if you subscribed to this mailing list.  Your messages will not automatically post until you do, so you will cause an administrator to manually approve each one.  Thank you.