Login error

xyzzy

Jan 25, 2013, 7:22:38 PM1/25/13
to persistenturls
Hi, I'm unable to login on purl.net (= purl.oclc.org, etc.), all pages
end up as 404 or begin with "Getting login status...
ERROR: Content-Type of results not supported. Expected an XML message
from the PURL server."

Using one of the REST-URIs discussed elsewhere in this group (GET
instead of POST) the login status is shown correctly as "not logged
in", so how can I change that? Goal of this unscheduled exercise:
Change a redirect from <me>.blogspot.com to <me>.blogspot.com/ncr,
because otherwise blogger redirects to <me>.blogspot.de confusing all
search engines expecting German content.

Colin Maudry

Jan 28, 2013, 10:28:50 AM1/28/13
to persist...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Same for me, and for these guys.

Colin

Young,Jeff (OR)

Jan 28, 2013, 11:19:53 AM1/28/13
to persist...@googlegroups.com

I bounced the purl.org server hoping that will help. I’ve never used the API, and don’t know enough about the software to say why this kind of error might happen.

Jeff

David Wood

Jan 28, 2013, 12:29:40 PM1/28/13
to persist...@googlegroups.com
I can log in now.
On Jan 28, 2013, at 11:19, "Young,Jeff (OR)" <jyo...@oclc.org> wrote:

I bounced the purl.org server hoping that will help. I’ve never used the API, and don’t know enough about the software to say why this kind of error might happen.

Jeff

Michele Pasin

Feb 4, 2013, 5:38:08 AM2/4/13
to persist...@googlegroups.com
I can't log in too.

Error is "ERROR: Content-Type of results not supported. Expected an XML message from the PURL server."

Young,Jeff (OR)

Feb 15, 2013, 11:30:13 AM2/15/13
to persist...@googlegroups.com

I bounced the server. Give it another try.

xyzzy

Feb 27, 2013, 9:57:20 AM2/27/13
to persistenturls
This STILL does not work for me. Just in case I send another support
request to OCLC, and created <https://code.google.com/p/persistenturls/
issues/detail?id=36>. I have not the faintest idea who develops PURL
server software at the moment, or which version OCLC uses. The
rendered (broken) pages claim to be some "zepheira" software.

Young,Jeff (OR)

Feb 27, 2013, 11:24:00 AM2/27/13
to persist...@googlegroups.com
There have been several reports like this lately. It looks like the
server is entering a strange state and that bouncing it clears the
problem. I bounced it just now, so hopefully it will be OK until the
next time. Feel free to contact me at jyo...@oclc.org directly if it
happens again and I will try to respond quickly. Until the real problem
is found and corrected, this is the only "solution" I can think of.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jeff

Alan Ruttenberg

Feb 27, 2013, 9:20:52 PM2/27/13
to persist...@googlegroups.com, jyo...@oclc.org, David Wood
I see this problem now (9 hours after Jeff's message) and different in behavior across browsers. Chrome on mac (27.0.1423.0 dev) gives me the error. Safari on mac(Version 6.0.2 (8536.26.17)) and firefox on mac (17.0) do not. On my Windows 7 VM Chrome (Version 25.0.1364.97 m) gives me the error. Internet explorer (10.0.9200.16521) does not give me the error.

Based on this I expect this is either a regression in Chrome, or a tightening of some standard that the other browsers and Chrome have been more accepting of in the past.

-Alan

Tim Chambers

Apr 5, 2014, 5:46:40 PM4/5/14
to persist...@googlegroups.com
I just discovered this group. Loving it! So happy to see the coöperation.

Today I experienced this symptom on Chrome Version 33.0.1750.154 m. The site works fine on Firefox 28.0. Hmm.

David Wood

Apr 8, 2014, 8:45:38 AM4/8/14
to PURLs Google Group
Hi Tim,

The error that you are seeing on Chrome is a slightly different problem to the one being tracked in this thread.  The Chrome login issue was fixed in PURLZ-Server-1.6.4.  Please see: