Uppsala Persian Corpus (UPC)

Behnam Esfahbod

Apr 27, 2017, 3:25:52 PM4/27/17
to Persian Computing, Mojgan Seraji
Uppsala Persian Corpus (UPC) (Seraji, 2015, Chapter 3, pp. 68-81) is a large, freely available Persian corpus. The corpus is a modified version of the Bijankhan corpus (Bijankhan, 2004) with additional sentence segmentation and consistent tokenization containing 2,704,028 tokens and annotated with 31 part-of-speech tags.

The corpus is developed by Mojgan Seraji and licensed under GNU General Public License.

The corpus can be downloaded below: http://stp.lingfil.uu.se/~mojgan/UPC.html

The part-of-speech tags are listed with explanations in this table: http://stp.lingfil.uu.se/~mojgan/Table_tag.pdf

See also: Universal Dependencies for Persian

The Persian Universal Dependency Treebank (Persian UD) is the converted version of the Uppsala Persian Dependency Treebank (UPDT) (Seraji, 2015)

-Behnam

Behdad Esfahbod

Apr 27, 2017, 3:49:36 PM4/27/17
to Behnam Esfahbod, Persian Computing, Mojgan Seraji
Our team at Google paid vendors to vocalize the UPC and contributed that back to the corpus.

http://persian-computing.org/
http://groups.google.com/group/persian-computing/

---

Pejman Habashi

Jun 24, 2022, 7:22:46 PM6/24/22
to Persian Computing
Being a very valuable resource for persian, Uppsala  has a lot of mistakes which are easy [or sometimes hard] to catch and fix. I guess it is best to put it on a public repository (like github) and start proposing improvements over it. For example search for "دایرث" in the corpus. I assume it has been used instead of "دایره‌ی". I have found few similar mistakes in it and fixed them (to the best of my knowledge) however, I do not know where I can publish this so the rest of community can benefit from it.

Peter von Kaehne

Jun 25, 2022, 3:56:34 AM6/25/22
to Pejman Habashi, Persian Computing
If you maintain a change set/patch set you could keep that on GitHub? That is where I would first search, at least. What you probably want to avoid unless your interest is massive and lasting is to become a new publisher of the source.

Sent from my phone. Please forgive misspellings and weird “corrections”

On 25 Jun 2022, at 00:22, Pejman Habashi <pejman...@gmail.com> wrote:

Being a very valuable resource for persian, Uppsala  has a lot of mistakes which are easy [or sometimes hard] to catch and fix. I guess it is best to put it on a public repository (like github) and start proposing improvements over it. For example search for "دایرث" in the corpus. I assume it has been used instead of "دایره‌ی". I have found few similar mistakes in it and fixed them (to the best of my knowledge) however, I do not know where I can publish this so the rest of community can benefit from it.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Persian Computing" group.