Fwd: 4.8-million Persian Names Database is now available

John Hudson

Jul 4, 2019, 2:13:16 PM7/4/19
to Persian Computing

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 4.8-million Persian Names Database is now available
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 07:45:16 +0000
From: Jack Halpern <cjk_...@cjki.org>

Hello again,

This is Jack from The CJK Dictionary Institute (CJKI). I hope this email
finds you well.
I would like to let you know that we have just completed our Database of
Persian Names (DPN), the most comprehensive database of its kind, with over
4.8 million entries. Given the current geopolitical tensions and the
strengthening of U.S. sanctions, this database takes on special importance
for the defense, security and financial industries.

As you know, we maintain one of the world's largest databases of romanized
Arab names -- our Database of Arab Names (DAN) -- and we have used our
extensive know-how, in partnership with a team of native-speaking Persian
computational linguists, to create our new Database of Persian Names.
DPN currently covers 4.8 million Persian romanized variants for 120,000
unique Persian script names. It also includes gender and type (given name
or surname) codes, a confidence rank indicating relative importance, IPA
phonetic transcriptions, as well as Persian script variants. The IPA, a
unique feature, is especially useful for speech technology.

Please see the following page for more details and a sample of the data:

http://cjkihalpern.hosted.phplist.com/lists/lt.php?tid=Twp/xP28QHKYbwTc80nSr5VFKkB1g6fYgHaLITMdEAHCvAXHXeyFnbgmPsF+UiyT

Like our Database of Arab Names, DPN is particularly well-suited to
security and risk-management applications such as anti-money laundering,
anti-terrorism, immigration control, and watchlist filtering, as well as
natural language processing applications like named entity recognition and
machine translation.

Perhaps we can have a phone conference in the next week or two to discuss
DPN in more depth.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards, Jack Halpern
CEO, The CJK Dictionary Institute, Inc. http://cjkihalpern.hosted.phplist.com/lists/lt.php?tid=nJcoh0kOoTqs0cX8tp+EC5VFKkB1gwfYgHaLITMdEAHCvAXHXexFnbgmPsF+UiyT
Phone: +81-48-473-3508
--

This message was sent to jo...@tiro.ca by in...@cjk.org

| Forward this message
<http://cjkihalpern.hosted.phplist.com/lists/lt.php?tid=f7FWLN2P5IyNgrXCXV+jfJVFKkB1g2fYgHaLITMdEAHCvAXHXewlnbgmPsF+UiyT

Shervin Afshar

Jul 4, 2019, 3:27:13 PM7/4/19
to Persian Computing, John Hudson
Oh, great! Globalization experts actively contributing to profiling, tech-powered global surveillance, and digital apartheid!

Historical forgetfulness is rarely forgiven. From an article on Anti-Jewish Legislation in Prewar Germany:

The government required Jews to identify themselves in ways that would permanently separate them from the rest of the population. In August 1938, German authorities decreed that by January 1, 1939, Jewish men and women bearing first names of "non-Jewish" origin had to add "Israel" and "Sara," respectively, to their given names. All Jews were obliged to carry identity cards that indicated their Jewish heritage, and, in the autumn of 1938, all Jewish passports were stamped with an identifying letter "J".

Tangentially, I wonder how many criminals of all sorts were named "Jack" throughout the history of the Western civilization.

↪ Shervin

http://persian-computing.org/
http://groups.google.com/group/persian-computing/

---

Ali Ashja' (‫علی اشجع‬‎)

May 5, 2023, 5:03:57 PM5/5/23
to Persian Computing
سلام به همگی

کسی این دیتاست رو داره؟
یا هر دیتاست دیگه‌ای از اسامی و نام‌های فارسی با جنسیت رو؟
من هر 2 فونت فارسی و فینگیلیش رو لازم دارم
دیتاست فارسی و فینگیلیشش جدا و متفاوت هم باشه بازم خیلی ممنون می‌شم
حتی فقط یکی‌شون هم باشه خیلی بهم کمک کردین

با تشکر پیشاپیش