A couple of years ago I started putting together resources I found on the history of Persian Desktop Publishing, which is now a wiki page on the GitHub project
That started further research on the history of Persian Computing and we found ourselves talking a lot about the order of events happening and researching online to find the dates of events. These common scenarios made me realize that we don't have a chronological history of all these events related to Persian Computing and how incomplete the understanding of this history is for every single person.
Being a GitHub wiki page, every GH user can contribute to this page. Please go ahead and add events that you believe are important to record. If you prefer to not work with GH directly, please send me your content and I'll add them to the page.
There are two things to remember when contributing:
1) Please keep the structure of every item as close to existing ones, which is:
- <date>, in YYYY-MM-DD, YYYY-MM, or YYYY format (Gregorian),
- <desc>, which is usually only one sentence, unless there's need for extra side info.
- <sources>, link to references, news articles, announcement or blog posts, P-C threads, etc.
2) Please keep it relevant:
- We want to keep record of things that were/are actually used by users, affected other products, or got recognized externally.
- We don't want to list every single personal project related to Persian.
- We also want to records events not directly related to P-C, but affected related events. (For example, ISIRI 820 was a standard for typewriters, but affects computer-era standards.)
As always, comments and feedback are welcome!
Behnam Esfahbod | بهنام اسفهبد | Q4880939 Q2064908