What's happening today at Wawa Welcome America festival: Rocky Movie Night, Hoagie Day

NBC Philadelphia

<news@mail.nbcphiladelphia.com>
Jun 27, 2024, 1:16:25 PM (3 days ago) Jun 27
to permrec@googlegroups.com
Wawa Welcome America: 16 days of free events

Wawa Welcome America 2024

Thursday, June 27

1

What's happening today at Wawa Welcome America festival: Rocky Movie Night, Hoagie Day

Wawa Welcome America has got you covered the summer of 2024 with 16 full days of free family fun in Philadelphia from Juneteenth to July 4th.

Get ready for all the upcoming free events that include:

All these events culminate on July 4th with celebration of independence on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway featuring performances by music superstars NE-YO and Kesha before the city’s biggest and most spectacular fireworks show.

2

‘Rocky' movie night is back on after being postponed due to weather

The Wawa Welcome America tradition is back on again.

The screening of the iconic movie Rocky on the steps of the Philadelphia Museum of Art was rescheduled to Thursday, June 27 due to impending severe weather.

Wawa Welcome America posted about the postponed event on X, formerly known as Twitter.

3

Vote now: These are 4 Wawa Hero Award finalists vying for $50K grant

Wawa is honoring nonprofit organizations serving the Philadelphia community with its 2024 Wawa Foundation Hero Award.

As I Plant This Seed, Leveling the Playing Field, Philadelphia Fire/EMS Explorer Career Youth Development Program and Project 440 are the 2024 finalists.

“What does it mean to be a hero to our communities? The Wawa Foundation Hero Award honors a non-profit organization, and its volunteers, serving Philadelphia by providing services that build stronger communities through preserving our independence, protecting our safety and mentoring and inspiring our youth,” the Wawa Foundation said on its website.

4

Visit dozens of Philly museums for FREE during Wawa Welcome America

You can stop by some of your favorite Philadelphia museums or discover new cultural spots for free during Wawa Welcome America’s Free Museum Days, which take place between June 19 and July 4, 2024.

In total, there are at least 40 opportunities to visit museums throughout the city for free over the 16-day festival.

Guests are encouraged to check each museums’ website for information ahead of their visit.

5

Free lunch alert! Wawa Hoagie Day is today

The fireworks are the finale, the July 4th concert (featuring NE-YO and Kesha) is the main event, but Wawa Hoagie Day — chock full of free food and fun — is right behind both as one of the signature events of the free 16-day Wawa Welcome America festival in Philadelphia.

Léelo en español aquí.

What does the 2024 summer day dedicated to the Delaware Valley’s favorite sandwich have in store? Here’s your guide with what we know so far:

6

Kesha, NE-YO to headline 2024 Wawa Welcome America Concert on July 4th in Philly

Were you “So Sick” of checking TikTok and other social media platforms to find out who will headline the July 4th Philly concert? Well, the announcement has finally arrived and we’re getting “closer” to the big day.

Let’s not let one more moment “Tik Tok” by.

Kesha and NE-YO will headline the 2024 Wawa Welcome America Independence Day concert on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway that comes to a dramatic end with fireworks over Philadelphia.

Got a tip or story idea?

ti...@nbcphiladelphia.com

Follow NBC Philadelphia

FacebookInstagramTikTokYouTube

Unsubscribe | Privacy | Terms
©2024 Copyright NBCUniversal Local, 30 Rockefeller Plaza - New York, NY 10112

App Store
Google Play