Autumn Plant Sale in Shipka

permaship

Nov 11, 2012, 4:16:21 PM11/11/12
to perm...@googlegroups.com
Hello friends and hope you are enjoying the Autumn

I am writing to let you know that on the 24th & 25th of November we are having a plant sale and welcome you to visit our garden nursery in Shipka and take a few homegrown plants back to your own gardens. You can view the plants we have by clicking here  and if you see some you like contact us with your order, the date you will be visiting and we will prepare your plants to be ready for collection. We will be open from 10.00 - 16.00 on the 24/25th of November and will be happy to show you around the garden and answer any questions you may have .  We will also have seeds of unusual species for swapping so please bring along some of  your own.

Why have a plant sale at this time of year when it's cold and the garden is mostly dormant ?  Autumn is the optimum time for planting perennial plants.  When the plant is put into the ground in the autumn, although the conditions are cold above ground, the soil is normally warm enough for root growth below the ground to continue until late December. This gives the plant roots time to settle in and be fully prepared for reawakened growth in the spring.

Looking forward to hear from you and wishing you all the best

Cheers

Paul

ange lowdon

Nov 12, 2012, 3:53:59 AM11/12/12
to perm...@googlegroups.com
Dear Paul & all at Shipka,
 i would love to take some comfrey off you but i am not in Bulgaria for your plant sale,
what a good idea tho' & good luck too
So can you sane me 1,2 or 3 plants whatever you can do, I will be back late November & will arrange
a collection around that time. However if you see Svilen ( sunmoon) then he could collect the comfrey for me
thanks
hope your year has been a fab one, & that 2013 will be even better
lotsa love
Ange & ivor

--
За да се отпишете от Permaship, изпратете имейл на адрес
permaship+...@googlegroups.com

paul ALFREY

Nov 12, 2012, 4:57:12 AM11/12/12
to perm...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ange

Sure no problem, the plants will be here waiting for you :)   Hope you and Ivor are well

Cheers

Paul

Susan Hagan

Nov 13, 2012, 1:44:28 AM11/13/12
to perm...@googlegroups.com
hi Paul,

Su here. please could you keep some comfrey for me too? And likewise if Svilen shows up ask him to bring across the mountains and I will pick it up from him. Payment?

Love Su

00359(0)895195318 (Bulgarian Mobile)  00359 6128263 (Bulgarian Landline)

With Thanks. Susan Hagan.

Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 13:16:21 -0800
From: alfi...@gmail.com
To: perm...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Autumn Plant Sale in Shipka

Joanna Bradshaw

Nov 13, 2012, 3:41:24 AM11/13/12
to perm...@googlegroups.com
Hey Paul and everyone, sounds great :) We won't make the sale as we're heading off to NZ, but keen on seeing what you have in early spring. Does anyone know of anybody who might be travelling from Kazanlak area or Stara Zagora through to Sofia this week? I have some garlic and chutney to deliver to Hrankoop and would be great to hook up if anybody will be passing through.

Many thanks,
Jo
Tears of Orpheus {www.tearsoforpheus.com}
What made us give up life as we knew it and move to a horse'n cart village in Bulgaria? What will happen next? How are we building a more sustainable life and trying not to go bonkers? What kind of future will there be for our girls?