Fwd: Mother Earth News - Jean Pain image

Leigh Blackall

Apr 21, 2008, 5:43:14 PM4/21/08
to permaculture-...@googlegroups.com
We have permission to use the image of Jean Pain Brent.. but I can't work out how to change the license on the wiki.

BTW. My organisation's CEO has given me the go to trial a Jean Pain compost heap here!! So I really have to do my homework now!!

Apr 21, 2008, 5:51:46 PM4/21/08
to permaculture-...@googlegroups.com
I think you just edit the license section on this page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Jean_Pain.jpg

I had a quick look at this masters thesis on biothermal composting that you might want to delve into a bit if you're going to make one down there...

http://www.uvm.edu/~edstudio/Information/Biothermal%20Greenhouse%20Modeling.doc

brent.
--
--------------------------------
http://digitalsynapse.co.nz

Leigh Blackall

Apr 21, 2008, 6:17:04 PM4/21/08
to permaculture-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Brent, that paper is almost intimidating. I have a local contact down here now who might be able to help me interpret it. Interesting that it doesn't refer to Pain's work hey...

Leigh Blackall

Apr 21, 2008, 6:18:39 PM4/21/08
to permaculture-...@googlegroups.com
reading further, I see that it does. Its a really good paper that will certainly help, thanks Brent

Brent

Apr 21, 2008, 6:25:13 PM4/21/08
to permaculture-...@googlegroups.com
Noted this morning that a Google search for "Jean Pain" now brings up the day old Wikipedia article ... this is probably a wee bit of an anomoly as newly minted articles also show up on a range of bot lists on the web that get crawled but I'd guess that it should stay up in the rankings for some time. Not a bad wee article ... for 28 edits by 4 people in one day ;-)

brent.

Jadeapple

Apr 22, 2008, 10:39:13 AM4/22/08
to Permaculture Design Course
My mind is already considering how this might be incorporated into
our future home heating system. We are already planning to install in
floor heating, using water. I've seen DIY systems that preheat the
water with solar collectors before it goes into the main heating
source, thus saving on the energy needed get the water up to the right
temperature. I'm thinking it may be possible to somehow incorporate
a 'compost' element into the system as well. I can see potential in
having a more steady source on sunless days, especially in the fall
and winter. I wish I had time to play with it now, but I'll have to
wait till later when I have more time to fiddle. Look forward to
hearing how other's experiments work.