Zone Two

Leigh Blackall

Mar 19, 2008, 2:14:25 AM3/19/08
to permaculture-...@googlegroups.com
This email is mainly to Jason, but might be of interest to others.

Jason, you passed out a few handouts for us to use in consideration for zone 2 designs...

Seeing as I was late for class, and a number of people on this email list could not be in the class, I was wondering if you could pass me copies (preferably digital) so I can add them to the course web resources. Also, do you think you could give as some tips on the steps we need to be taking and thinking about as we design zone 2?

Regards
Leigh

Leigh Blackall
+64(0)21736539
skype - leigh_blackall
SL - Leroy Goalpost
http://learnonline.wordpress.com

jason ross

Mar 20, 2008, 8:57:52 PM3/20/08
to permaculture-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
We will be covering actual design making next class, but to do that you all need to have all of your background information at hand. That is:
A good base map
a site and sector analysis
including soil analysis!!! (digging soil profile, assessing structure, organic matter, texture and soil life)
a zone plan (which areas suit zone two use)
a social base map (your needs, dreams, resources, limitations, energy, finance, time, skills etc)
a list of elements you would like to include in zone 2. How many, what kind....

got all that...! next time we will put it together.

I'll try to get some scanning done...????!!!

Jason

Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 19:14:25 +1300
From: leighb...@gmail.com
To: permaculture-...@googlegroups.com
Subject: ::{permaculture}:: Zone Two

Leigh Blackall

Mar 21, 2008, 12:23:56 AM3/21/08
to permaculture-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jason, I wasn't too sure when and where in the schedule we will be doing this, but it sounds exactly what we should be doing. So I added it to the wiki at 11th May. Let me know if we are doing it at some other time and I'll change it :) http://wikieducator.org/Permaculture_design

If we can gather or create information and instruction resources around all these steps, I will type them up and add them to the wiki too.

jason ross

Mar 21, 2008, 9:09:25 PM3/21/08
to permaculture-...@googlegroups.com
my next session with you is on the 18th!! May

Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 17:23:56 +1300
From: leighb...@gmail.com
To: permaculture-...@googlegroups.com
Subject: ::{permaculture}:: Re: Zone Two