Compost energy

Leigh Blackall

Apr 20, 2008, 6:28:04 PM4/20/08
to permaculture-...@googlegroups.com
Holy cow! Check out this French man Jean Pain and his use of a big compost heap to produce 100% of his energy needs. yes, 100%

http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_library/methane_pain.html

Leigh Blackall
+64(0)21736539
skype - leigh_blackall
SL - Leroy Goalpost
http://learnonline.wordpress.com

Leigh Blackall

Apr 20, 2008, 6:33:19 PM4/20/08
to permaculture-...@googlegroups.com
sorry, that was meant for another list :)

Leigh Blackall

Apr 20, 2008, 7:08:05 PM4/20/08
to permaculture-...@googlegroups.com
I've started a Wikipedia article about Jean Pain. Personally this helps me focus my research a little. If anyone else finds this form of note taking useful, please join me :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Pain

Brent

Apr 20, 2008, 7:42:30 PM4/20/08
to permaculture-...@googlegroups.com
i was going to suggest as much .. but you just went ahead and did it ... nice one!

there's some really good pics on this article: http://www.permacultureactivist.net/PeterBane/Jean_Pain.html

and there's a fairly permissably licensing statement at the end. whaddya reckon?

brent.
--
http://digitalsynapse.co.nz

Leigh Blackall

Apr 20, 2008, 7:48:33 PM4/20/08
to permaculture-...@googlegroups.com
Excellent images! I used one from MotherEarth under Fair Use, but expect it won't last long. I have contacted MotherEarth for permission to use it. I reckon these ones are good to use and we should load them. I've added the link to the article, if you wanna go ahead that would be great. I can't hold out any longer and am heading outside to build the biggest compost heap I can!! LOL