sharedstuff demo + unhosted/remoteStorage :D

elf Pavlik

May 30, 2012, 5:57:27 AM5/30/12
to permabank-dev
Hi,

I would like to share with you this early alpha of an app developed by someone living currently in Berlin. It uses remoteStorage developed by http://unhosted.org which means you decide where you store your data (you own data bucket, hosted by you, your friends / a friendly collective)

You can see demo (alpha version) at:
http://sharedstuff.org

This app works client side so you can even run it from localhost if you don't want to use sharedstuff.org, but once it loads in your browser it should not make any more requests to server of its origin! (i find it super cool!)

I'll ask people working on http://occupy.net to install http://owncloud.org so we can also offer autonomous buckets for people :)

Excited!
=)
~ elf Pavlik ~

Devin Balkind

May 30, 2012, 12:29:23 PM5/30/12
to permab...@googlegroups.com
We have an owncloud deployment up and but it's being tested.  We need someone to bottomline it's maintenance.

You can reach the general occupy.net crew here: http://lists.occupy.net/lists/info/dotnet
--
Devin Balkind
@devinbalkind