Crowdfunding Article

Dana Skallman

Feb 13, 2012, 9:33:13 AM2/13/12
to permab...@googlegroups.com

Evan Wagner

Feb 13, 2012, 4:02:23 PM2/13/12
to permab...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Dana!  Great article...

"New platforms will therefore include mechanisms that enable projects within a particular community to be evaluated, voted upon and supported. They will also include collaboration features that enable members in the larger ‘tribe’ to provide non-financial support: helping with websites, business planning etc. This will reflect a recognition that entrepreneurs need more than simply financial capital. They need social capital and intellectual capital as well."

Word.  That's Permabank!

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 9:33 AM, Dana Skallman <da...@glocalwebtech.com> wrote:
Thought I'd share:

--
Evan Wagner
reStorAtiVE

elly

Apr 12, 2012, 5:23:13 PM4/12/12
to permab...@googlegroups.com
We have decolonize Oakland and Occupy Brooms, and a lot of people are
quitting. I couldn't wait, so I set up timebanking through Noisebridge:
http://timebank.sfbace.org/reqs/1064

Any advice (nice) would be appreciated.

Devin Balkind

Apr 12, 2012, 5:36:56 PM4/12/12
to permab...@googlegroups.com
Awesome.  How can we help?  Do you need administrators?

On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 5:23 PM, elly <urbanpub...@gmail.com> wrote:
We have decolonize Oakland and Occupy Brooms, and a lot of people are quitting. I couldn't wait, so I set up timebanking through Noisebridge: http://timebank.sfbace.org/reqs/1064

Any advice (nice) would be appreciated.

--
Devin Balkind
@devinbalkind
vitamindwb.com

elly

Apr 12, 2012, 5:41:27 PM4/12/12
to permab...@googlegroups.com
YES, I will probably need some assistance. Can you create a membership and join our group? http://timebank.sfbace.org/groups/48/invite

Thanks, Devin :-*

elf Pavlik

Apr 13, 2012, 4:28:44 AM4/13/12
to permabank-dev
Excerpts from elly's message of 2012-04-12 21:23:13 +0000:

interesting you use inisoshi?
i always thought about it as generic Ruby on Rails social networking platform, did someone made a timebank distro or you just customized i by hand for your needs?

btw. as i try to emphasize on http://polyeconomy.info , timebanks, mutual-credit, and non monetary systems can coexist rather well, especially if we design all of them to coexist =)

Devin Balkind

Apr 13, 2012, 11:13:02 AM4/13/12
to permab...@googlegroups.com

++ the currency solution is many currencies being used together.

elly

Apr 13, 2012, 11:20:47 AM4/13/12
to permab...@googlegroups.com
I did not build sfbace - just set up a group.

Why, on http://polyeconomy.info/ is there a "no food" when we see a bowl
of soup?

Thx

elly

Apr 13, 2012, 12:01:24 PM4/13/12
to permab...@googlegroups.com
People should be able to bank their time now. I thought developing something specific for OWS (permabank) would be a good idea, but it takes too long. I never hear from this team....unfortunately...

and people are leaving ows committees, etc. Getting credit might encourage them to stay. Please sign up to help this grow (I hate marketing!): http://timebank.sfbace.org/groups/48 Thx

elf Pavlik

Apr 13, 2012, 12:59:28 PM4/13/12
to elly, permabank-dev
Excerpts from elly's message of 2012-04-13 15:20:47 +0000:

> I did not build sfbace - just set up a group.
>
> Why, on http://polyeconomy.info/ is there a "no food" when we see a bowl
> of soup?
no CHOICE (since only one option, well one could still choose to leave the bar ;)