Re: Housing Volunteers for #OccupySandy

☮ elf Pavlik ☮

Nov 28, 2012, 9:09:42 AM11/28/12
to permab...@googlegroups.com, Rachel Larson, Devin Balkind, Leah Feder, Drew Hornbain
Excerpts from Rachel Larson's message of 2012-11-28 01:02:57 +0000:
> Where do we go from here?
1. please set CNAME record for permabank.net so it points to permabank.cn.hackers4peace.net - this way i can more easily move it between servers
2. please get wildcard SSL certificate, for many sites i use free ones from StartSSl, for getting a wildcard you will need to verify yourself and pay fee: https://www.startssl.com/?app=2

at this point i can setup a fully functional instance on one of virtual servers i have access to... one problem that now and then (once/twice a month) it has some networking problems and goes offline for few hours + i only have a single IP which may cause problems for connections from machines running Win XP ...

3. please organize a machine on #occupy infrastructure where we can at some point in near future migrate this setup... once i have some real usage data i can give you more precise requirements but for now it will need a DEDICATED IP ADDRESS and 1GB or RAM

:)

> On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 12:06 PM, Devin Balkind <devinb...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Cool. Let's communicate on the list.
> >
> > For those not on it, join:
> > https://groups.google.com/group/permabank-dev?hl=en
> >

> > On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 4:38 AM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <
> > perpetua...@wwelves.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Excerpts from Devin Balkind's message of 2012-11-25 17:34:27 +0000:

> >> should
> >> tell me
> >> replied partially to permabank mailing list... how about keeping
> >> conversation there?
> >> i'll look up information about certificates and also send more info to
> >> that mailinglist!
> >>

> > --
> > Devin Balkind
> > @devinbalkind
> > vitamindwb.com

Devin Balkind

Nov 29, 2012, 3:06:16 PM11/29/12
to permab...@googlegroups.com, Rachel Larson, Leah Feder, Drew Hornbain

☮ elf Pavlik ☮

Nov 30, 2012, 2:42:22 AM11/30/12
to Devin Balkind, permabank-dev, Rachel Larson, Leah Feder, Drew Hornbain
Excerpts from Devin Balkind's message of 2012-11-29 20:06:16 +0000:
Secures *.domain - yup, looks right :)

☮ elf Pavlik ☮

Dec 1, 2012, 3:43:50 AM12/1/12
to Devin Balkind, permabank-dev
Excerpts from Devin Balkind's message of 2012-11-29 20:06:16 +0000:
on your question about CSR https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Certificate_signing_request
i can generate on but i need information mentioned in article above as: "Typical information required in a CSR"

for web server i use NGINX if that what you need as 'server type'...