Sharetribe for sharing Items, Services, Rides, Accomodations :)

☮ elf Pavlik ☮

Oct 17, 2012, 9:45:44 AM10/17/12
to dotnet, permabank-dev
Ahoy o/

I've just created a test tribe for Berlin, you can see it on a map here:
http://www.solidarity-economy.net/en/tribes

Please play round and create some tribes for experimenting plus some offers and requests. Don't take it to serious since I don't want to deal with migrating data later! Also remember while crating passwords that it doesn't use SSL currently!!!

To run it for real we will need a dedicated top level domain (won't work at this moment on subdomain of occupy.net !!!) and wildcard SSL cert for this dedicated domain. To get started I could host it on VM I use but if it starts growing I would like to transplant it to other infrastructure!

Before live deployment I would also remove this 'price' nonsense and change to requesting creating tribes from admins. This way we can have more sane way of starting new tribes :)

I also have good contact with sharetribe developers and will meet one of them in person soon in Rome during summit of http://www.ouishare.net/ he have written this article while ago: 'An API For Sharing' http://www.shareable.net/blog/an-api-for-sharing

What domain names do you like? Maybe something like: occushare.net ;)

Dana Skallman

Oct 22, 2012, 12:47:59 PM10/22/12
to permab...@googlegroups.com, dotnet
Hey elf, thanks for the update.

From my understanding we have some hosting space we could definitely add this option. It's more about having the tech admin/support and a few people to take the lead on reaching out to occupations and the like on usage. I will mention it to the InterOccupy team too, so they can see what it's all about too.

This would be a great option to add for the Occupy community!