Moving Forward on Permabank

Devin Balkind

May 18, 2012, 7:10:28 PM5/18/12
to permab...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks.  It's time to revisit Permabank!

Evan has been doing lots of research and been building out a fantastic resource on the wiki.  He and I have also begun to make this content more accessible via friendly blog format at blog.permabank.net.  I'm not a developer but I can "code" using the English language to attract people to the project - so that's what I'll do.   I've also gone through the PM system and added bugs, updated things, etc.

Can we "get the band back together" sometime next week and discuss next steps?

--
Devin Balkind
Director, Sarapis Foundation

David Judd

May 19, 2012, 4:53:22 PM5/19/12
to permab...@googlegroups.com
Hi Devin, everyone,

Permabank.net looks great, with links to all the resources as well as the blog.

I would be happy to meet sometime next week if we can find a time that works. Maybe Monday or Thursday evening?

-David

Evan Wagner

May 20, 2012, 2:14:17 PM5/20/12
to permab...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Devin- yes, let's get this back together folks!

As he says, I've been writing a lot on the wiki, and am now connecting with farmers and farms with opportunities to generate plenty of real user cases!

Thursday evening could work for me- Friday day would be better.

What are others thinking?

Solidarity,

Evan
--
Evan Wagner
Permabank

elly

May 20, 2012, 2:43:06 PM5/20/12
to permab...@googlegroups.com
thumbs way up, and thanks for the blog posts, Evan and Devin!! Can everyone in Permabank tell their stories?

Devin Balkind

May 20, 2012, 4:25:50 PM5/20/12
to permab...@googlegroups.com

Thursday evening sounds good for a meeting. Anyone not able to make it?

Elly, I can add you to the blog. Anyone else want to be added?

elly

May 20, 2012, 9:02:38 PM5/20/12
to permab...@googlegroups.com
sure - I tried to register...probably a good idea to screen people who want to share. Although it may be a little "hierarchical," it's the way things have to get done.

Blogging our stories is the true benefit of social media. It's empowering and instructive (how to listen, how to share).

Thanks!

Dan Hoizner

May 21, 2012, 9:48:22 AM5/21/12
to permab...@googlegroups.com
Thursday is rough for me. I can do Wednesday or Friday evening (from
around 18:30 on) if that works for anyone.

-dan

Oh, and if it wasn't obvious...I'd love to get involved again!

Evan Wagner

May 21, 2012, 5:05:57 PM5/21/12
to permab...@googlegroups.com
Great to hear, Dan!

Friday evening is better for me too, or anytime over the weekend... (But I can still do Thursday)

David Judd

May 21, 2012, 5:22:21 PM5/21/12
to permab...@googlegroups.com
I can probably do Friday but I'm not sure when I'll be free, it might not be till 8 or so.

-David

Devin Balkind

May 21, 2012, 6:07:57 PM5/21/12
to permab...@googlegroups.com
People like Friday at 8pm?
--
Devin Balkind
@devinbalkind

Evan Wagner

May 21, 2012, 6:09:28 PM5/21/12
to permab...@googlegroups.com
Works for me.

Dan Hoizner

May 21, 2012, 6:11:04 PM5/21/12
to permab...@googlegroups.com
I'm in.

Keka Marzagao

May 21, 2012, 10:28:34 PM5/21/12
to permab...@googlegroups.com
I'm in! Where?
- keka

David Judd

May 25, 2012, 5:50:10 PM5/25/12
to permab...@googlegroups.com
Where are we doing this?

My recent ad-hoc Occupy meetings have tended to be at the Yippie Cafe, but if someone has any better suggestions, let's hear them.

-David

Evan Wagner

May 25, 2012, 7:00:46 PM5/25/12
to permab...@googlegroups.com
Oh, damn! I spoke with Devin last night about the fact that I'm not gonna be back into the city (up on farm in Sheffield MA) until Tuesday noon.  I'll be in through wednesday or thurs and I really want to meet with you all... Thoughts?