share.occupy.net - Sharetribe for sharing Items, Services, Rides, Accomodations :)

elf Pavlik

Jul 31, 2012, 12:22:30 PM7/31/12
to dotnet, permab...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Lately I made connection with one of developers from:
https://www.sharetribe.com

We should meet in Helsinki in September when I go for Open Knowledge Festival. I would propose setting up share.occupy.net with an instance of it. An Ruby on Rails app which I would like to help with making working with remoteStorage for bootstrapping distribution :)

What do you think?
~ elf Pavlik ~

Dana Skallman

Aug 1, 2012, 12:52:38 PM8/1/12
to permab...@googlegroups.com, dotnet
Hey elf,

This is awesome, thanks for sharing. Are you saying you would manage the setup/maintenance on share.occupy.net? If so, we should explore it. The one thing on our end is server resources, so we'd have to check in on that. But if we can bring in an exchange of services, spaces and barter in a way, it would be awesome. We've been wanting this for a while.

Let us know if that works for you.

Dana

Devin Balkind

Aug 1, 2012, 3:01:13 PM8/1/12
to permab...@googlegroups.com, dotnet
I think this is an exciting option.  Do you know if federation is on their development roadmap?
--
Devin Balkind
@devinbalkind

elly

Aug 1, 2012, 3:20:34 PM8/1/12
to permab...@googlegroups.com, Devin Balkind, dotnet

elf Pavlik

Aug 2, 2012, 10:23:49 AM8/2/12
to permabank-dev
Excerpts from Devin Balkind's message of 2012-08-01 19:01:13 +0000:
> I think this is an exciting option. Do you know if federation is on their
> development roadmap?

I have plans to meet with Juho Makkonen https://github.com/Kusti, who manages this project, during my visit for OKFest in Helsinki (mid September). By then I would like to dive into sharetribe code and prototype integration with remoteStorage (used in http://sharedstuff.org )

You can check out Juho's TED talk here: http://youtu.be/LBs5XkkC3u4
"Why people and organizations need to share more: Juho Makkonen at TEDxOsaka"

And he also have participated in this meeting: http://www.ouishare.net/2012/06/takeaways-ouishare-summit/

BTW I recommend checking out OuiShare since folks from there do quite interesting events bringing together people working on sharing... I stay again around Berlin and one of OuiShare founders - Benjamin Tincq - may move here soon!

~ elf Pavlik ~

elf Pavlik

Aug 2, 2012, 10:30:41 AM8/2/12
to permabank-dev
Excerpts from Dana Skallman's message of 2012-08-01 16:52:38 +0000:
> Hey elf,
>
> This is awesome, thanks for sharing. Are you saying you would manage the
> setup/maintenance on share.occupy.net? If so, we should explore it. The one
> thing on our end is server resources, so we'd have to check in on that. But
> if we can bring in an exchange of services, spaces and barter in a way, it
> would be awesome. We've been wanting this for a while.
>
> Let us know if that works for you.
>
> Dana

Hi Dana,

I might meet up with nibbler running: https://as250.net/ , he already makes a small VM available for me and another one for http://theglobalsquare.org , maybe he could find in his sleeve one more for share.occupy.net!

I hope Berlin may become interesting node in Occupy network, after http://occupybb7.org few people participating in it and before in http://occupyberlin.info , also now join framing project started by friends of mine and I hope to connect it with #OccupyFarms - temporary website: http://rutenberg.zackboom.biz/

BTW I feel bad for not taking care of Bettermeans setup, it looks like few more people got interested in helping with maintaining its code base now, and I also hope to find more time for such stuff during my stay on farm mentioned above in next weeks!

Cheers!
~ elf Pavlik ~