Build test errors from Bot module

Joe Decker

Dec 15, 2016, 10:53:08 PM12/15/16
to perlw...@googlegroups.com

Starting around November a small bot I've been running on en.wikipdia.org, Joe's Null Bot, stopped working. I wasn't around at the time, so it's taken me some time to try and follow up and get things working.

I've tried a couple different ways from two machines (but, notability, both MacOS), to get the bot to connect to ENWIKI, with no success. Today, I did a burn and reinstall on my perl libraries, rebuilding/reinstalling, and noticed build errors from the MediaWiki::Bot build test.

I've attached the first few dozen lines of the output of the build test, the results are consistent with the sorts of failures my old code was experiencing.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

--Joe Decker

z3

Mike Doherty

Dec 16, 2016, 10:36:16 PM12/16/16
to perlw...@googlegroups.com
MediaWiki::Bot is pretty much unmaintained these days. There have been breaking API changes I just don't have the time to keep up with.

If anyone is interested in doing the coding work, I'll happily accept patches to fix outstanding bugs, and push new releases to CPAN.

Sorry I don't have better news for you.

-Mike