wantedcategories query and MediaWiki::API object

steevithak

Mar 19, 2012, 4:02:13 PM3/19/12
to Perlwikibot
How do I generate queries with MediaWiki::Bot? I need to make a query
for a list of wanted categories. It looks like this is possible in
MediaWiki::API but there's no higher level function for it in
MediaWiki::Bot. Is there an easy way to use the MediaWiki::API object
from within MediaWiki::Bot code?

-Steve

Mike.lifeguard

Mar 24, 2012, 10:38:07 AM3/24/12
to perlw...@googlegroups.com
You can access the underlying MediaWiki::API object at
$mediawiki_bot_object->{api} if you need to do stuff manually. Please
consider writing this as a new method in MediaWiki::Bot - I'll be happy
to accept a patch to add this missing function.

-Mike