MODERATION MADNESS

dormando

Jan 27, 2012, 6:09:28 PM1/27/12
to memc...@googlegroups.com, mog...@googlegroups.com, per...@googlegroups.com, gea...@googlegroups.com
Hello Danga-Projecter-ers!

Many fancy apologies to those who may see this message four times!

I have come to the realization that Google Groups moderation queue is
fucking garbage! It often doesn't send me moderation notices when someone
hits the queue, or if someone is queued I don't get the e-mail once it's
unqueued, and I often have to find new moderators every few months or I
have to unqueue them myself, which is boring.

Wow, that's a long sentence!

I haven't seen much spam hit the moderation queues in a while. I have
delinked each group from googles giant group listing, in hopes of culling
groups-specific spammers. I have disabled the moderation queue for new
users, but still require users register before sending messages.

Lets see how well this works.

G'awd!
-Dormando

Takatsugu Shigeta

Jan 27, 2012, 7:20:04 PM1/27/12
to per...@googlegroups.com, memc...@googlegroups.com, mog...@googlegroups.com, gea...@googlegroups.com
+1

Hi, I'm a moderator of these lists. Google groups often doesn't send me notices. (Sucks!) Also I haven't seen spams for a while.
dormando, it'll be good change for us.
Thanks!
-- shigeta
--