Perlbal reproxy download bandwidth rate limiting?

grad...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2015, 3:06:26 AM4/27/15
to per...@googlegroups.com
Hi All:

I am very new to both Perl and Perlbal and recently I received a request to investigate the possibility of implementing download bandwidth rate-limiting for when Perlbal returns to a client after re-proxy. (For example, suppose Perlbal is returning a big file after re-proxy, and we set the maximum file transfer rate to X KBps).

I have read through the list of currently available Perlbal plugins and none of them can fulfill this request. (The closest one was the 'Throttle' plugin, but it limits the frequency at which clients connect to the Perlbal server acting as a reverse-proxy, instead of rate-limiting the download bandwidth).

I also read through about the available hooks to Perlbal:

and I don't see any hooks that I can leverage to achieve what's desired.

As mentioned before, I am very new to both Perl and Perlbal and would greatly appreciate some help from people who could shed some light on how download bandwidth rate-limiting after re-proxy may be achieved (or maybe tell me if it is even possible?)

Thanks very much in advance.