perl5i v1.0.0?

Michael G Schwern

Jan 27, 2010, 5:37:07 PM1/27/10
to per...@googlegroups.com
Hi. All one of you. :P

While perl5i is in version 0.x everything is unstable and anything can change.
This is going to hamper serious uptake, I mean who wants to use software
that might change out from under you tomorrow?

Since perl5i has a plan for planned backwards incompatibility, there's not the
normal "OMG everything has to be perfect" before 1.0. Anything really wrong
with 1.0 can be changed in 2.0.

So, what absolutely needs to be done before 1.0? Since we don't need to cram
features in, the only thing that really needs to be done is make "use perl5i"
die and allow "use perl5i::0". Then when v1.0.0 comes out lib/perl5i/0.pm
gets copies to lib/perl5i/1.pm so "use perl5i::1" works.

"use perl5i::latest" would be handy, if nothing else than for internal use so
we don't have to find all the places perl5i::0 is used and change them to
perl5i::1.

Thoughts? Anything else that needs to be done?

--
Robrt: People can't win
Schwern: No, but they can riot after the game.