Perl 5.8.9 delta project closing and honour roll

Paul Fenwick

Oct 30, 2008, 3:48:03 AM10/30/08
to perl58...@googlegroups.com
G'day Everyone,

I'm very pleased to say that Nicholas is about to start pushing out release
candidates for Perl 5.8.9, hopefully this very weekend. As such, I'm
officially handing the delta back to Nicholas for final changes and review.

The Perl 5.8.9 Delta volunteers reviewed over 87,000 lines of changes, with
the average volunteer reviewing over 5,000 lines each! That's a mammoth
effort. By alphabetical first name order, our most wonderful volunteers were:

Abhijit Menon-Sen
Adam Flott
Andreas Marienborg
Ben Hengst
Bradley Dean
Drew Stephens
Eddy Tan
Jacinta Richardson
Lesley Binks
Mark Aufflick
Michael G. Schwern
Moritz Lenz
Patrick Donelan
Paul Fenwick
Reini Urban
Spiros Denaxas
Vincent Pit

Particular mention and honour needs to be given to Bradley Dean, Eddy Tan,
and Vincent Pit. Between them, these heroes wrote more than half of the
entire perl589delta.pod file!

I'll be leaving the list open for now, since I have a sneaking suspicion
Rafael is going to ask for help with the Perl 5.10.1 delta. ;)

Once again, a huge thank-you to all our amazing volunteers!

Paul Fenwick

P.S. If you have unsent changes, and you're super-quick about sending them,
they'll still get in. But you have to be super-duper-quick!

--
Paul Fenwick <p...@perltraining.com.au> | http://perltraining.com.au/
Director of Training | Ph: +61 3 9354 6001