Re: Novice

1 view

Jonathan Scott Duff

Feb 16, 2005, 2:32:32 PM2/16/05
to LOGGOS TI, perl6-l...@perl.org
On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 03:09:24PM -0300, LOGGOS TI wrote:
> Dia claroGreetings. I´m a novice in this conference. My name is
> Roberto Bisotto and interested on use P6. I´m using PERL since version
> 3 and i see a fantastic evolution at version 6.
>
> Please, where may i download this version ? Is there an usable version
> ? Cordialy. Roberto Bisotto

Greetings Roberto! You've stumbled upon the mailing list for the
design of the Perl 6 language. Unfortunately an implementation does
not yet exist, but we're working on it. http://dev.perl.org/perl6/
has all sorts of information about where we're at and where we've
been and where we're going so you might want to start there for
information.

hope this helps,

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff
du...@pobox.com

David Cantrell

Feb 17, 2005, 5:41:29 AM2/17/05
to LOGGOS TI, perl6-l...@perl.org
On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 01:32:32PM -0600, Jonathan Scott Duff wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 03:09:24PM -0300, LOGGOS TI wrote:
> > Please, where may i download this version ? Is there an usable version
> Greetings Roberto! You've stumbled upon the mailing list for the
> design of the Perl 6 language. Unfortunately an implementation does
> not yet exist, but we're working on it.

Well, Autrijus is working on it :-)

It doesn't matter to me if someone else's computer is faster because
I know my system could smash theirs flat if it fell over on it.
-- (with apologies to Brian Chase)

Adam Preble

Feb 28, 2005, 1:34:28 AM2/28/05

I just got involved in this as well. Are you saying that there isn't
even something experimental -- outside of PUGS -- for playing with perl
6? Reading the mailing list and some of the things mentioned makes me
think people are playing with an actual tool.