+<< or +<

Juerd

Apr 2, 2005, 5:05:37 AM4/2/05
to perl6-l...@perl.org
Bitshift, which one is it?

+<<

or

+<

I believe only +< is possible, because +<< has to be +«, but S03 is
still inconsistent, and +<< comes up everywhere, including Brent's
perl6op.txt.

Can there please be a definitive answer, and an update to S03?

Juerd

Patrick R. Michaud

Apr 2, 2005, 9:50:35 AM4/2/05
to Juerd, perl6-l...@perl.org
On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 12:05:37PM +0200, Juerd wrote:
> Bitshift, which one is it?
> +<<
> or
> +<
>
> I believe only +< is possible, because +<< has to be +«, but S03 is
> still inconsistent, and +<< comes up everywhere, including Brent's
> perl6op.txt.
>
> Can there please be a definitive answer, and an update to S03?

The definitive answer is +< -- the pod document at
http://dev.perl.org/perl6/synopsis/S03.html is out of date.

This has been corrected in the perl6 svn repository for some time
(http://svn.perl.org/perl6/doc/trunk/design/syn/S03.pod), but I don't
know the magic for getting updates in the svn repository reflected
on the website.

Pm

Robert Spier

Apr 3, 2005, 1:23:37 AM4/3/05
to Patrick R. Michaud, perl6-l...@perl.org
> The definitive answer is +< -- the pod document at
> http://dev.perl.org/perl6/synopsis/S03.html is out of date.
> This has been corrected in the perl6 svn repository for some time
> (http://svn.perl.org/perl6/doc/trunk/design/syn/S03.pod), but I don't
> know the magic for getting updates in the svn repository reflected
> on the website.

I've created some new magic so that the svn repository and the site
are now tied together. The site pulls from the svn repo daily at
around 3am Pacific time.

-R