use language_with_different_indentifier_syntax:...

Ingo Blechschmidt

Aug 22, 2005, 4:35:40 PM8/22/05
to perl6-l...@perl.org
Hi,

on #perl6, we were wondering how to use() modules from foreign
languages which have an incompatible identifier syntax. E.g.:

use perl5:Foo::Bar; # fine, no problem

# Load JavaScript modules from JSAN
use jsan:Test.Simple; # should we simply accept the dot, or...
use jsan:Test::Simple; # ask users to write this?

--Ingo

Yuval Kogman

Aug 22, 2005, 5:09:18 PM8/22/05
to Ingo Blechschmidt, perl6-l...@perl.org

In my opinion we translate the foreign namespace into a perlish
one... It's more "at home", and at some point some language which
uses syntax errors for package qualifiers (Acme::Don't, anyone?) is
obund to pop up, and then it'll be just inconsistent.

--
() Yuval Kogman <nothi...@woobling.org> 0xEBD27418 perl hacker &
/\ kung foo master: /me groks YAML like the grasshopper: neeyah!!!!!!