Unicode Operators cheatsheet, please!

Rob Kinyon

May 27, 2005, 10:29:39 AM5/27/05
to Perl6 Language List
I would love to see a document (one per editor) that describes the
Unicode characters in use and how to make them. The Set implementation
in Pugs uses (at last count) 20 different Unicode characters as
operators.

While I'm sure these documents exist on the web somewhere, since P6 is
the first time most of us will be using these operators, it'd be nice
if P6 provided a nice cheatsheet for them.

Thanks,
Rob

Gaal Yahas

May 27, 2005, 12:32:23 PM5/27/05
to Rob Kinyon, Perl6 Language List
On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 10:29:39AM -0400, Rob Kinyon wrote:
> I would love to see a document (one per editor) that describes the
> Unicode characters in use and how to make them. The Set implementation
> in Pugs uses (at last count) 20 different Unicode characters as
> operators.

Good idea. A modest start is at docs/quickref/unicode .

--
Gaal Yahas <ga...@forum2.org>
http://gaal.livejournal.com/

Sam Vilain

May 31, 2005, 6:48:21 PM5/31/05
Rob Kinyon wrote:
> I would love to see a document (one per editor) that describes the
> Unicode characters in use and how to make them. The Set implementation
> in Pugs uses (at last count) 20 different Unicode characters as
> operators.

I have updated the unicode quickref, and started a Perlmonks discussion node
for this to be explored - see http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=462246

Sam.

Rob Kinyon

Jun 1, 2005, 9:32:46 AM6/1/05
to Sam Vilain, Perl6 Language List

As I replied on Perlmonks, it would be more helpful if the Compose
keys were listed and not just the ASCII versions. Plus, a quick primer
on how to enable Unicode in your favorite editor. I don't know about
Emacs, but the Vim documentation on multibyte is difficult to work
with, at best.

Thanks,
Rob

Kevin Puetz

Jun 1, 2005, 9:05:39 PM6/1/05
to perl6-l...@perl.org
Rob Kinyon wrote:

Well, :help digraph isn't particularly bad, though the included table only
covers latin-1. The canonical source is RFC1345. But I've attached a patch
for the set symbols that have them.

> Thanks,
> Rob

quickref-unicode-vim.diff